Seductive_Spy

Gamer ➀
palworld not like pokemon
Former Chief Legal Officer of The Pokemon Company, Don McGowan, has dismissed Palworld as "ripoff nonsense." McGowan, who oversaw legal affairs for The Pokemon Company for 12 years, expressed surprise at Palworld's success. While The Pokemon Company has yet to comment on Palworld, outspoken fans persist in claiming that the game blatantly copies numerous Pokemon creature designs.

McGowan's stance aligns with the sentiments of some vocal Pokemon enthusiasts who criticize Palworld. Despite the game sharing gameplay footage for years before its early access release, The Pokemon Company has refrained from making any legal moves against Palworld. Whether this decision stems from a lack of conviction in a copyright infringement case against PocketPair or for other reasons remains unclear. Nevertheless, it is evident that the conglomerate has been aware of Palworld and its resemblances to Pokemon for an extended period.

This looks like the usual ripoff nonsense that I would see a thousand times a year when I was Chief Legal Officer of Pokemon. I’m just surprised it got this far.

• Wow
Reactions: Captain
Former Chief Legal Officer of The Pokemon Company, Don McGowan, has dismissed Palworld as "ripoff nonsense."
I'm a huge fan of the Pokemon series, but I completely disagree with him. Palworld is a great game and it should push Nintendo to develop Pokemon instead of leaving them in stagnation

Honestly the main complaints I have are the fact that some models tend to match up pretty damn well with models of a few Pokemon ripped from Scarlet and Violet. Will the changes be enough for Pocket Pair to get away with the game? I'm assuming so, I know Nintendo is looking into it now but honestly I hope there's not enough evidence because I love Palworld. I love Pokemon too still, but Nintendo as a company sucks.

Reactions: Wilkins
Honestly the main complaints I have are the fact that some models tend to match up pretty damn well with models of a few Pokemon ripped from Scarlet and Violet. Will the changes be enough for Pocket Pair to get away with the game? I'm assuming so, I know Nintendo is looking into it now but honestly I hope there's not enough evidence because I love Palworld. I love Pokemon too still, but Nintendo as a company sucks.
I'm of roughly the same opinion. It's not even about Palworld possibly being similar to Pokemon, it's about nintendo not developing the franchise. I want nintendo to suffer because there are guys who can challenge them and add competition. Only then will we as customers be in a better position.

What are you waiting for?
Join and become a community leader!
I'm in!