Chris Hemsworth on his work on the fourth 'Thor':
  • Back in 2023, Chris Hemsworth criticized the film "Thor: Love and Thunder," calling it "too stupid."
  • In a recent interview with Vanity Fair, the actor expressed his belief that fans deserve another movie about the hero because the fourth one was unsuccessful. He also takes some responsibility for its failure.
“I got caught up in the improv and the wackiness, and I became a parody of myself,” he says.
  • Hemsworth admitted to not always feeling comfortable on the set of "The Avengers," feeling like his character was more of a bodyguard to the team.
You’ve got the wig on. You’ve got the muscles. You’ve got the costume. Where’s the lighting?’ Yeah, I’m part of this big thing, but I’m probably pretty replaceable.
  • Despite this, Hemsworth's colleagues praised his work. Robert Downey Jr. called his performance in "Ragnarok" and the last two "Avengers" films a "terrific hat trick." He also acknowledged the actor's ability to handle the complexities of the character in the Thor solo films.
  • Now, Hemsworth aims to collaborate with iconic directors on complex characters. One such role he's interested in is Dementus in George Miller's "Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga," set for release on May 24.

Reactions: Big Cool Tony 1991
What are you waiting for?
Join and become a community leader!
I'm in!