Baldur's Gate 3 shadowheart
  • Larian Studios chief writer Adam Smith said that he doesn't care in what direction Baldur's Gate 4 will move, as long as it was created with love. According to the expert, it is important that the next part is developed not only to make money on Dungeons & Dragons fans.
  • Smith expressed hope that the Baldur's Gate series will fall into the hands of a team that will truly adore this universe. According to him, Larian loved and loved the franchise, that's why all employees of the studio treated the third part with special trepidation.
I don't mean that in a harsh way. What I would want is for somebody to do it because they wanted to do it, not because somebody said 'that would hit our earnings next quarter.
  • The screenwriter has no doubt that the series can tell many more fascinating stories. According to Smith, it is important to make Baldur's Gate and not just a game in the universe of Forgotten Realms. The expert believes that Larian Studios was able to achieve this, among other things, because of the great love for the franchise.
  • Larian will not be involved in Baldur's Gate 4 or an add-on for the third part, which was previously announced by the head of the studio Sven Vincke. Hasbro stated that they would not rush the development of the sequel in order to find the "right partner."
  • As of May 2024, Larian Studios is working on two games on its own IP. No specific details about these projects are available yet.

What are you waiting for?
Join and become a community leader!
I'm in!